Sunday, July 29, 2007

That Which is Unreleased.



You know the drill.
Bands often have extra tracks that didn't make the first cut of the album. They either disappear, make a grand appearance on a b-sides album, perhaps manages to slide into a single release... whatever the case, they are there. Just hidden. Temporarily lost. Momentarily out of the grasp of the hands of the fans. But today, no more. Here are a few of my favorite unreleased tracks.

KINGS OF LEON. Yes, I like them. Tight pants and all (observe picture). Now, I took it upon myself to show the King's progression from boys to men. Note the good ole days: loose pants, sketchy fashion. Now to picture #2 VIOLA! A couple albums later and the boys are wearing pants sufficiently tight enough to be considered satisfactory for today's rock fashion standards, AND, if you look closely... you will note the expensive allure of the clothing. Huh. They may have become a bit of a sell-out band to the designer second skin and the fancy hair products, but... image aside they have talent.

This southern foursome (three brothers and a cousin) can rock me out of my skinny leg jeans any time. The three tracks I am posting today are "Head to Toe," "Molly's Hangover" and "Woohoo."

Let's start with WOOHOO. There's not really that much to say except for (you guessed it) WOOHOO! The drums start the song spatting beats resembling something that comes out of the eighties. You tap your toes (let's face it... 80s drum beats ARE contagious) and then the vocals come in. Now, I have to admit, Caleb Followill (lead singer) has one of my all-time favorite voices. I can't quite put my finger on it. It's raspy--kind of, deep--kind of, and sometimes you can't understand what he's saying... LOVE IT. Anyways, give this song a listen and I promise you will be stretching on tight pants and woohooing yourself around the room. OH, and if you're wondering, this song will supposedly be released on the "Fans" single. http://www.mediafire.com/?6wf1z0diu9v

Next up, HEAD TO TOE. They're brothers. Jealousy, fighting, arguments... inevitable. This is the classic, I'm mad and jealous and I think you suck dedication from lead man Caleb to lead guitarist Matthew. http://www.mediafire.com/?f4zkhy0vtmk

Finally, MOLLY'S HANGOVER. Seems to be "Molly's Chambers" off "Youth and Young Manhood" Part Deux. The song is slowed wayyy down at the beginning and reminescent of something that really does sound like a hangover. Caleb is painfully singing while the tempo spews slowly. The best part is at the end when everything changes... the tempo is back to classic Kings and you're eager right alongside Caleb to see if he is able to shmooze his way into Molly's chamber. http://www.mediafire.com/?dmdlm2yjrtv

No comments: